Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I won FREE coffee!

I am an avid drinker and fan of Starbucks (no, this is not a paid promotion!). I linked a giftcard up to their website some time ago and set it to reload. Partly just so I could keep track of what I was spending. Yesterday I got a card in the mail letting me know I am now a gold level member and listing all of the awesome benefits (hello - freebies and discounts galore!) that come with it. Woo hoo!! This morning I walked to my usual weekday location and redeemed a coupon for a completely free venti breve one-pump-mocha latte with whip - YUMMMMMMMM. If you haven't tried it, you must go do that now. Go. Now!! You won't regret it...except for the whole addiction part, of course. This drink is rich & creamy thanks to the half & half ("breve" in starbucks-speak) with just enough mocha to feed my chocolate craving, only far fewer calories and carbs (because I only get one pump as opposed to the usual 4-5). For anyone diet conscious, reducing the number of syrup pumps is a cool trick I learned from the nutrition section of the Starbucks website. It's a quick, easy and painless way to 'lighten' your beverage of choice so you can indulge without the diet guilt.

Hope this is as helpful to others as it was to me! Make it a glorious day!

No comments:

Post a Comment